News - 2005
- 31 October 2005Korean Minjok Leadership Academy is running an English immersion program in their English Education Institute using ACT’s English Proficiency Program. Minjok’s 13-week program has a diverse and enthusiastic group of 84 students participating across 5 levels of ability. The program’s focus is on developing students’ competencies in all facets of the English language as well [...]
- 05 August 2005The first English summer camp has successfully been run at the Hankuk Academy of Foreign Studies (HAFS) in Yongin, Korea, by Daekyo Global, DongA Ilbo—one of the daily Korean newspapers—and ACT Education Solutions, Limited. The first camp was made up of a group of 200 elementary and middle school students who completed the 2 week [...]
- 29 July 2005ACT Education Solutions, Limited’s Global English Certificate will from now on be known as ACT’s English Proficiency Program. Expansion of AESL’s programs to Approved Teaching Centers around the world has revealed the very general nature of the words “Global English,” with similarly named products in abundance in countries across the planet. The name change to [...]
- 14 June 2005
The Shude International Department has produced the highest number of GAC graduates in China, a feat achieved through the successful management of cohorts in each of the 3 levels of the GAC simultaneously. The award is also an expression of thanks to Shude for their assistance in the growth of the GAC by hosting many visits from prospective GAC partners.
- 07 April 2005Unique New Zealand‘s inaugural GAC graduation on 1 April saw 10 students from Korea, Taiwan, Japan and China mark the end of their GAC study and celebrated their achievement. The graduation was well attended with 80 students from Unique, teachers, homestay families and representatives of the local press. Also in attendance were the Hon. [...]
- 06 April 2005All GAC graduates who undertake undergraduate study at the University of Wales, Bangor, will be eligible to apply for a £1,000 annual reduction in tuition fees. Studying in Wales presents a relatively affordable option for those GAC graduates who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies in the United Kingdom. With a lower cost of living [...]